Your journey to the World Heritage Region
Reach the World Heritage Region Anhalt-Dessau-Wittenberg in the heart of Germany easily, environmentally friendly and without any problems by train and look forward to your perfect holiday already during your journey. Or organise your journey to the World Heritage Region individually and according to your wishes by car.
We look forward to your visit!
Arrival by train
Note: all routes to Lutherstadt Wittenberg are available as ICE connections with max. 1 change of train
» To plan your journey with Deutsche Bahn
Arrival with local trains possible from Berlin, Leipzig, Halle (Saale), Magdeburg
Arrival by car
- A9 Berlin - Nuremberg
- Exit 8 in the direction of Coswig and continue on the B187 to Lutherstadt Wittenberg, Exit 9 in the direction of Vockerode and continue on the L133 to the Garden Kingdom of Dessau-Wörlitz, Exit 10 Dessau- Ost and continue on the B107 to the Middle Elbe Biosphere Reserve, Exit 11 in the direction of Dessau-Süd and continue on the B184 to the Bauhaus city of Dessau
- A 14 Magdeburg - Leipzig
- Exit 10 Kreuz Bernburg and continue on the B185 to Bernburg and Köthen (Anhalt)
- B 2 between Berlin-Leipzig
- You will find charging stations for your electric vehicle throughout Germany and in our region.
>> Electric car charging stations in Germany
Arrival by plane
- Leipzig/Halle Airport
- Berlin Airport BER
- Magdeburg/Cochstedt Airport
Our tips for convenient local travel
Take the Dessau-Wörlitz Railway to explore the Garden Kingdom or use the Bauhaus Line (bus line 10) as a direct connection to all Bauhaus buildings in Dessau. To reach all UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the region quickly and without changing buses, we recommend the World Heritage Line 304 & 310, which travels to your destination every hour. With the Vetter Verkehrsbetriebe buses you can easily reach other destinations in the districts of Wittenberg and Anhalt-Bitterfeld.