Klosterhof with city museum

Prince Siegfried founded the Klosterhof in 1272 as an Augustinian nunnery. Five of his daughters were among the first nuns to live and work here. After the dissolution of the convent during the Reformation, it became part of the feudal property, serving mostly economic purposes. It was not until the 19th century that their use was to change. School facilities were urgently needed, hence the nunnery became a school and served this purpose until 1977. After extensive renovation work in 1991/92, the building now houses the Coswig Museum and two rooms used for events. The town museum also includes the adjacent Museum of Romanticism exhibiting local masterpieces.