Pirate ship MS Reudnitz
The MS Reudnitz invites all visitors on round trips on the Lake Goitzsche, but can also be booked for private celebrations. It is moored at the Bernsteinpromenade, near the Pegelturm on Lake Goitzsche.
Originally built in Groningen (Holland) in 1890 for explorations of the Dutch tidal flats, this ship was going strong until 1968, burned out in 1972, and was restored in the style of an 18th century Dutch state yacht in the following years.
In 1991, the “MS Reudnitz” arrived in Germany, where it received a modern interior, serving as a houseboat for a while.
After the transport of the ship from the Baltic Sea to Lake Goitzsche near Bitterfeld and its re-fitting, the “MS Reudnitz” is now the first wind-powered passenger ship on an inland lake used for round trips and for private celebrations (birthdays, weddings, club celebrations, company parties and more).